Singapore Pools is the only State-owned lottery space in Singapore under the umbrella of the Tote Board, with Lam Chee Weng running its affairs. Singaporeans are big lottery and betting fans, which is evident from the fact that they spent $10.3 billion by the end of the financial year in March 2023. The number is 12% bigger than last year’s, indicating interest in this gambling is peaking.
If you are also thinking about trying your luck at Singapore Pools, this piece will help you understand everything in detail. I have thoroughly vetted the gaming company, including its lotteries, sports betting, safety, and more, to ensure you make the right decision.
History of Singapore Pools
Singapore Pools has a rich history, dating back to 1968, when it was established as a state-owned lottery organisation. The primary goal was to curb illegal gambling and provide a legal and regulated platform for betting. At its inception, Singapore Pools primarily offered Toto and later introduced other betting options like 4D & sports betting.
Over the years, Singapore Pools expanded its offerings to include football betting, lottery games, and various other games of chance. This expansion was part of a strategic move to generate revenue for the government and contribute to social welfare causes.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Singapore Pools underwent significant transformations, modernising its operations and enhancing the security and integrity of its games. This evolution included introducing computerised systems and online platforms to make betting more convenient for customers.
Today, Singapore Pools continues to be a trusted and regulated betting organisation, contributing a substantial portion of its profits to various charitable and community projects. It plays a vital role in promoting responsible gaming while supporting social initiatives in Singapore, making it a unique and integral part of the nation’s history and development.
An Overview of History & Milestones
Let us take a quick look at the biggest achievement of Singapore Pools to date:
- Switched from manual operations to computerised gaming systems in 1986.
- Launched international football betting in 2002.
- Launched telephone betting in 2005.
- Launched the first Responsible Gaming Program in 2007.
- Co-hosted the World Lottery Summit in 2016.
Let’s also discuss some of the awards Singapore Pools has won over the years:
- Employer of Choice Award in 2020.
- SHARE Bronze Award in 2022.
- BCA Green Mark GoldPlus Award in 2013.
- Reached Level 4 of WLA’s Responsible Gaming Framework in 2012.
- Achieved the highest honour by Community Chest in 2003.
Services Offered by Singapore Pools
Gambling enthusiasts in Singapore can place bets on local and international football, horse racing, and motorsports events with Singapore Pools. Betting choices are diverse, including fixed odds and pari-mutuel betting, allowing players to predict the outcomes of sports matches and races.
However, it’s mandatory to have an approved account before trying Singapore Polls. One of the best things about it is that you can place your bets before the event or even when the event is going on.
Moreover, there is a dedicated section called Sports City that brings you all the important information to understand different sports for better betting decisions. From the Premier League and A-League to the UEFA Champions League and Motor Racing, it covers all the significant sporting action you care about.
- Football Betting
You can choose from bet types, such as Halftime PTS, Halftime 1×2, 1×2, and Pick the Score. Let us have a detailed look at them below:
- Halftime PTS presents players with 10 selections, from which they must pick a halftime score.
- Halftime 1×2 lets you predict the game’s result through the halftime score. Moreover, the players need to predict whether a win or a draw for both the home and the away team.
- Pick the Score offers 36 choices for players to predict the accurate full-time score.
- Motor Racing
The Motor Racing section not only allows you to bet on different races but also gives you a set of historical and current facts. From background & calendar to odds & statistics, it is a holistic platform where you are fully informed before deciding. The website will show you the current and future schedule of major motor races worldwide from Bahrain to Hungary.
- Horse Racing
Horse racing is a prominent part of Singapore Pools’ offerings, providing a regulated platform for enthusiasts. Singapore Pools allows bettors to place wagers on these races, offering various betting options such as Win, Place, Forecast, and Quartet bets.
The site shows the results of all races worldwide on a single page. Moreover, players can tune into their favourite horse races at any Livewire venue at different locations, such as Marina Bay Sands and China Square.
Singapore Pools provides some of the most popular lotteries in the form of 4D and Toto, which we will discuss here.
- Toto Lottery
Toto is the very first lottery launched by Singapore Pools after its inception in 1968. It underwent several changes in 1981, 1988, and 1997 before its final form was determined in 2014, which is currently being followed.
Toto is a straightforward 6/49 matrix where you need to select 6 numbers between 1 and 49. You will win a jackpot if the numbers you select meet the numbers drawn. The lottery offers two types of play: System Entry and System Roll.
System Entry lets you choose up to 12 numbers, which intermingle in 914 combinations. However, it is an expensive system in which tickets can cost up to $900.
In a System Roll, you must select 5 numbers while a rolling ball represents the remaining numbers.
Six numbers are drawn at the time of the draw that are used to determine the winner of the Jackpot. Winners of the remaining prize tiers are determined by drawing a seventh number.
- 4D Lottery
4D was launched in 1986 and differs from conventional lotteries in crucial ways. Here, you must pick unique numbers between 0000 and 9999 to begin playing the game.
After selecting the numbers, you need to pick your favourite type of bet, depending upon two decisions. The first decision is to pick the big or the small bet.
Bigger or Smaller Bet
If you select the big bet, you will win the prize if your four selected numbers appear in the five prize tiers. On the other hand, selecting a smaller bet wins you a prize if your selected numbers appear in the first three prize tiers.
Standard Entry or System Entry
System entry requires the selected numbers to match those drawn. For instance, if your selected number is 3768, the drawn number must be in the same order as 3768 for you to win.
On the other hand, system entry automatically generates 24 combinations from the 4 numbers you select and enter them into a draw. As a result, you are more likely to witness your numbers matching in the system entry. However, it also requires a payment of $24 because of the added advantage.
Singapore Sweep is another lucrative draw where you can place Self Pick or Quick Pick bets. You tell the Singapore Pools staff about your preference from the following:
- Quick Pick for 7 random digits.
- First Digit where you have to pick among 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- Last Four Digits where you need to pick your favourite last 4 digits.
Buying an SG Sweep ticket involves marking SG Sweep on the 4D ticket, after which a staff member will give you two tickets, one for the 4D and the other for SG Sweep. It is important to note that the digits you do not pick will be generated randomly.
Singapore Pools App
Singapore Pools has also launched a modern app for both Android & iOS that allows players to access lotteries, sports fixtures, and other services straight from their smartphones.
It is available on the App Store, where it can be downloaded directly. On the other hand, Android users need to follow a slightly lengthier process described below:
- Scan the QR code to get the download link.
- Click on the link to download the APK in your Downloads folder.
- If you see Install blocked on your screen, go to Settings and enable Unknown Sources.
- Click Install and open the app to enjoy a world-class betting experience.
All Singapore Pools games are available on the app and work seamlessly.
Singapore Pools is a socially responsible company with multiple resource-sharing schemes that we’ll discuss below.
Community Housing Scheme
It is an initiative to provide second-tier Singapore Pools as office spaces for worthy causes at affordable prices. The scheme was started in 2007, and since then, it has benefitted several welfare organisations and NGOs contributing positively to society, such as the following:
- Caring Fleet: an organisation dedicated to helping people with mobility issues with affordable and specialised transport at the Hougang branch.
- Personalised Love: an enterprise with the mission to achieve inclusive employment and use crafts to help people with special needs at Jurong East.
- Unlocking ADHD: an organisation providing quality resources and support to those affected by ADHD at the Holland Drive outlet.
Singapore Pools also gives their main centres to welfare organisations during off-peak times. These enterprises can use the spaces to organise charity or fundraising events, workshops, forums, and other events for zero or meagre costs. Till today, more than 50 organisations have benefited from this program while keeping their event management costs to almost zero.
Understanding Singapore Pool Odds
Toto Lottery has 7 prizes with the relatively attractive odds of winning 1 in 13,983,816. Moreover, the minimum Jackpot amount is quite handsome at $1 million, which can grow if the first 4 prizes are not claimed and rolled over to the next Jackpot draw. However, it happens only four consecutive times, after which the winnings are distributed among the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th prize tiers.
Similarly, after selecting from the options in the 4D lottery, you need to select a betting amount, which is a minimum of $1 and no upper limits. Jackpot odds are 1 in 10,000, which is an excellent number compared to Jackpot odds from other gambling platforms.
Betting Tips for Singapore Pools
- You are feeling lucky, or your favourite colours have no impact on the outcome of a game.
- Take a break between the games, and do not chase your losses.
- Determine a limit beforehand and follow it in all conditions.
- Use the Safer Play tools of Singapore Pools to keep your betting activities in check and set a limit on your deposits.
- Take the self-assessment test on the Singapore Pools website to determine your risk level of physical & mental health, financial and social problems.
- Check out the voluntary self-exclusion program if you want to limit your gambling activities through the Singapore Pools account.
- Do thorough research on the events or games you are betting on. Consider factors like form, statistics, and team performance for sports betting or past performance for horse racing.
- Keep updated with the latest news and developments, such as injuries, weather conditions, or other factors influencing outcomes.
Singapore Pool Locations in Singapore
NTUC FP White Sands
1 Pasir Ris Central St 3 White Sands #B1-10 Singapore 518457
Singapore Pools Commonwealth Crescent Branch
Blk 116 Commonwealth Crescent #01-135 Singapore 140116
NTUC FP Tampines St 83
Blk 866A #01-K1 Tampines St 83 Singapore 521866
Nalayanee Trading Enterprise
127 Upp Paya Lebar Rd Singapore 534839
Tay Sui Lan Agency
11 Collyer Quay The Arcade #02-13 Singapore 049317
Customer Support and Contact Information
210 Middle Road, #01-01, Singapore Pools Building, Singapore 188994
Mondays to Fridays, 8am – 5pm (excluding public holidays)
Mondays to Fridays, 8am – 5pm (excluding public holidays)
You can also share feedback by following this page where you need to provide some personal information before submitting your message.
In conclusion, Singapore Pools is a well-established betting platform offering a range of opportunities for those seeking sports betting, horse racing, and other activities. With its fractional odds system and various betting options, it provides an exciting and potentially profitable experience.
However, it’s crucial to bet cautiously by understanding the odds, managing your bankroll, and conducting thorough research. By keeping these principles in mind, you can make the maximum out of Singapore Pools while minimising risks.